Monday, June 22, 2015

Baby at 32 Weeks

I'm still pregnant. And we're down to single digit weeks left!! People are always asking me, how do you feel? And I can honestly tell them that I feel great!

So far, my pregnancy has been a breeze. No morning sickness, no crazy mood swings, no more back pain (he was laying on my kidney for a while, and it was painful!), no heartburn, I sleep great at night, feel the baby kicking a ton, and I really enjoy being pregnant. I know I have it a lot easier than a lot of women, and I am so grateful. It'll definitely make it easier to have more kids now that I know how my body reacts to being pregnant. 

The only bummer things about being pregnant:
1. This baby can kick HARD, and I'm pretty sure my right ribs are bruised (that's the only place he likes to kick). I put an ice pack on them which feels so good, but I don't think the babe likes the cold because it just makes him kick more. Riley and I always wonder if he's going to have a feisty personality like seems like he has now.
2. Finally not able to wear regular pants comfortably. I went a while wearing my same old pants with a  rubber band tied to keep them up, but I'm just too big now. I can still fit into most of my shirts, but they're definitely looking tighter...I would like to wear sweatpants every day, but it's so freaking hot--that is not happening. 
3. The heat. When I walk outside, my hands swell up like a balloon. If I know I am going to be outside for more than a few minutes, I wear my larger ring. It feels much better than having my hands swell up so much with my regular ring that my finger feels like it's going to fall off. I'm starting to get cankles (boo!!!) but they're not too bad yet. I'm usually a cold blooded person, but I can definitely feel my body temp rise. Even last week in the temple where they usually keep it pretty cool, I just about passed out from heat.
4. I often forget I'm pregnant, only to come to the realization when I try to get out of bed/bend over, that I can't really do that anymore. Reaalllllyy lame, and it's just going to get harder the bigger I get. I never thought trying to tie my shoe, pick up my keys, or get out of bed would be hard for me, but there's nothing I can do about it, so oh well. 

We are so excited to meet our little guy! I'm sure I'll start to freak out the closer we get, but for now I'm just enjoying being pregnant and spending the next few months with Riley, just the two of us. 


We're not great at taking these pictures, but this was at 30 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment