Thursday, August 6, 2015

38 Weeks and Maternity Photos

We are getting so close to meeting Baby Lyman! Less than 2 weeks to his due date now, but I think that he'll probably be late. :) I don't want him to be too late, but I'm actually okay with a little more time with Riley mostly because I don't feel too uncomfortable. A lot of people feel bad for me, like, "oh, you're 38 weeks pregnant? You must be miserable and hating your life.." But I'm not. At all. Sometimes I still forget I'm pregnant (weird) until I feel him moving or try to get up from laying down (not easy!)

I think we are mostly ready, at least material-wise, and of course Riley is just plain excited. But really, how can you be ready for something this life-changing?? I definitely think too much about all of the things I don't know, which is not good.

The main bummer this week is cankles. I had had some swelling the past month or so, but when I hit 38 weeks on Wednesday, BAM! Cankles! I'm serious, my ankles are not mine anymore; they are those of a 350 pound woman and it's driving me crazy. The good news is that I don't have to try to fit my foot in a real shoe; I slip on my flip flops and it's easy. I try to elevate them, but it's not helping. I just try not to look at them. 

We took a couple of maternity photos at 36 weeks (before I felt like I was too huge).
 






1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful pictures!!! I love this post! I'm so excited to see that cute baby! You two will be such wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete